Monday, October 4, 2010

Weekend Getaway: Golf, music, and family Part 1

I traveled to Phoenix to spend time with my brother and sister-in-law two weekends ago. I get really spoiled in the Bay area with weather. It was 103 on Saturday and 106 on Sunday in Phoenix. VERY HOT! Of course, this didn't keep us from golfing both days--granted I didn't golf very well :(

On Saturday, we had a full day of activities planned. A little work at Paradise Cafe in the morning with my sister, golf in the afternoon with my brother, dinner and concert with family and friends. We had dinner at Twin Peaks Brewery in Tempe. The food and beer were really good.
Rickie and Michelle at Twin Peaks Brewery

Rickie and I at Twin Peaks

L to R: Michelle, Rickie, Me, Elena, Angie
 The concert was at the Cricket Wireless Pavilion. I really like this venue. (Elena took me to see Kenny Chesney there back in '03 when I was living with her taking Physics at ASU.) We got lawn tickets, so we were able to stretch out on the blankets while listening to some great tunes. The only bad thing about outdoor concerts is the smoke. There were a lot of people smoking cigarettes (yuck!) during the concert.
Rickie and Michelle at the Zac Brown Band Concert

The whole crew at the Zac Brown Band Concert
(I have a crazy farmers tan line in this pic. I need to start running/playing golf in sleeveless shirts)

Michelle and I

I'm going post some videos of the concert next.



1 comment:

  1. Great time with family and friends! I love those mixes you made, we listened to them on our trip to Sedona this weekend. Great tunes!

    ReplyDelete