Monday, October 11, 2010

Weekend Getaway: Golf, music, and family Part Deux

I'm a bit late in posting some videos from the concert. I've been super busy with travel and work, but the main reason I haven't posted any videos from the concert is because Google Video was recently (?) taken offline. So, I had to resort to other means to embed my videos (i.e. youtube) onto my blog.

As promised I have a few video clips from the Zac Brown Band concert a few weekends ago. I got to say, this has got to be one of my favorite bands (the Dixie Chicks are still my fave). I think their musicianship really shined in the concert because at the end of each song, they would just jam out for another 5 minutes.They played for a long time. I think the set was about 1.5 hours long. The played some songs from their first album (fan favorites like "Toes" and "Chicken Fried") and a few from their new album (I especially like "Knee Deep" and "Let It Go"). My favorite part of the concert was listening their medley and cover song choices. They performed a medley of "Free" with Van Morrison's "Into the Mystic" and "Where the Boat Leaves From" with Bob Marley's "One Love."

One cover song, which was a bit of a shocker was their cover of Outkast's "So Fresh and So Clean." After all, Zac Brown Band is a country band. Really well done. Unexpected, but great!

Judge for yourself:



No comments:

Post a Comment