Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Doggie Day Camp

This past Saturday I went to my friends Bachelorette party in Napa. I dropped K9 Mulligan off at the Pets Hotel in Fremont. I learned a few things about myself that morning. First, I spoil my little man. Second, a la cart options are a BAD idea.

Here is a sampling from the "menu" at the Pets Hotel:
  • Overnight Boarding: $31 for the Atrium Room which includes meals, 2 exercise walks, and a hypoallergenic lambskin bed; $41 for the suite, which also includes a Poochy cot and a TV.
(Really? A TV for dogs. I guess it really is a "Suite". Anyways...I got Mulligan the Atrium room because the suite was way too big).
  • Doggie Day Camp: All day play and socialization $23
  • Doggie Day Camp (with Atrium Room): $19
  • Double Play: One morning and one afternoon play session $14
  • Bizzy Bundle (advertised as "most popular"): one treat time, Snack Kong, and group play session $11
  • Snack n' Play: One treat time, Snack Kong, and two play sessions $18
  • Exit Bath: $13
Of course, I needed to spoil the little guy and signed him up for the Atrium room with all day Doggie camp plus a "treat time."

The good news about getting a little sick at the second winery was that by the time we returned to Oakland I was completely sober and able to pick up Mulligan. This way he didn't have to spend the night at the Pets Hotel.

Mulligan received good marks in his "Pawgress Report." Judge for yourself.

Out of the multiple choice categories (Mulligans marks are noted in red):
Fun (Party animal, getting used to new friends, not feeling sociable)
Overall (Carefree, calm and comfy; had a pleasant stay; missed you)

Here are the hand written notes:
"Mulligan is ridiculously adorable. He loved to chase toys during playtime and chase the other dogs. He also loved personal attention and wrestling around with the associates."

It's nice to know that Mulligan does well in boarding. I tried hard to socialize him with people and other dogs when he was a pup. I think Mulligan will stay at the Pets Hotel when I head out of town. He seems to like it there.

3 comments:

  1. WOWSER! Pets Hotel!

    Haha, i enjoyed reading this last bit. I hope that if i'm reincarnated as a small, adorable dog that someone like you will adopt me. Except, i'd want you to get the suite w/ the tv. i wouldn't want to miss an episode of 30 rock just b/c you were out of town. obviously.

    MULLIGAN!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
    My nephew is being taken care of!! :)
    Now, if only I could get someone as awesome to watch my cat...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the fact that he got a Pawgress report, lol.

    ReplyDelete