Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Retrospective Series: Travelin' Abroad

I've decided to resurrect this blog that I initially started back in 2010...and then forgot about it in late 2011. Let's see if i can keep this going. I'll start by writing a retrospective series on my recent travels. And by writing, I really mean that these posts will really just be photo essays. :)

Retrospective Series: Travelin' Abroad / Morocco

I recently had the privilege to go to Morocco for a second time. As i never wrote about my first trip to Morocco, this post will include both trips. I suppose the great thing about travelling a lot for work is that I get to visit some pretty sweet places.

First Visit (Early 2012): Marrakech, Tizi-N-Tichka, Ouarzazate, Zagora, M'hamid, Chegaga
This was my first trip to this region, and at the time I was relatively new to traveling internationally. I took advantage of the opportunity and booked at 4 day tour after my business trip into the desert. If you ever find yourself in Morocco, then I highly recommend this tour group: www.arib-voyages.com.
Djemaa El-Fna
Koutoubia Mosque
Archway prior to entering the Souks
Berber village
Ait Ben Haddou in Ouarzazat
Some of the movie 'the Gladiator' was filmed here
Camels at camp near Chegaga
The Sahara desert. Simply stunning. It almost looks like ocean waves but those are sand waves.
Hiking up to do some sand boarding

Baby camel
 Second Visit (Early 2015): Rabat
Hassan Tower - the minaret of an incomplete mosque
Hassan Tower
The Mausoleum of Mohammed V
Interior of the Mausoleum with a Koran reader







The most memorable part of my last trip to Morocco was the food!

Desserts galore. Definitely not paleo and I don't even care!
Amazing cake with vanilla custard and fresh strawberries on top
Citrus cheesecake
Moroccan wine is pretty good. This was my favorite.
Bastilla - So good! Pastry filled with minced meat spiced with cinnamon and almonds and covered with powdered sugar
Various meat and fish combinations in a fried little pocket

No comments:

Post a Comment