Sunday, April 5, 2015

Retrospective Series: Malaysia 2014

Petronas Twin Towers

I went to Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia on a work trip last November. It was my first time to South East Asia. This is what I remember (5 months later) from the trip.

  • As an equatorial country, it is extremely hot and humid
  • There were so many mosquitos (probably because of the humidity). In fact, earlier in the year there was an outbreak of Dengue fever in KL
  • Mosquitos still love my blood and the Malaysian mosquitos left me with huge welts
  • The city is really populated and kind of dirty
  • The food was delicious but it reminded me a lot of Chinese food.

Petronas Towers

Largest twin towers in the world. 88 stories and stand 452 meters above street level. The sky bridge (floor 41) connects the two towers and helps assist in the event of an evacuation. The sky bridge isn't attached to the two towers in order to allow the towers to sway slightly with wind.





View from the skybridge (41 stories high)
View of Merdeka Square
Sri Maha Mariamman Temple
Fun little wine jug
Monsoon season means heavy down pours...
...and a ton of mosquito bites. 




No comments:

Post a Comment