Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Croatia Part 3 - Northbound to Zagreb

The last leg of my trip (not including being stuck in Germany during my trip home) included heading north to the capital city, Zagreb. It was my first time renting a car in Europe.


Civil war tribute






It was so sad, passing buildings throughout the country that had pock marks from bullets in the walls. It's hard to believe the country was at war about a decade ago.


I look like a kid in this picture. Why am i so happy to be on a tank?





Capital city, Zagreb

Someone spilled some paint. Kind of artistic

Kitchen of Gallo restaurant. Best meal in Croatia

Appetizer. I forgot to to take a picture when the plate first came out. Hence, the bite mark

Beef ravioli soup. Yummy.

FYI Croatia has some good wine.

Entree: Pan roasted halibut, sauteed vegetables, and potato gratin. YUM-O

Hmmm Chocolate cake.

Seafood of the day. Great sales pitch. I guess a good product sells itself


Champagne to celebrate 3 years at Sandia. Apparently Dom Perignon stole this recipe


The restaurant had a great wine selection



I love the architecture


No comments:

Post a Comment